Triumph 2000 Roadster progress
It's been a long time coming but I have finally made some progress on the Triumph Roadster that's been in the workshop for a while. When I took it for a test drive a few months ago, having sorted out a mistake someone had made in fitting the fuel pump, the rear axle seized as it had no oil in it, unbeknownst to me. The owner sourced a new crown wheel & pinion pair, I removed the original parts from the axle and had the crown wheel swapped over by Preston Transmissions. I then decided that the fitting of these parts was best left to a specialist so removed the axle casing and sent it all to M&T Transmissions in Sheffield. After some issues sorting out a pinion seal (found in Belgium by the owner of the car) the assembly was returned this week and I've got it back in, half shaft, brake back plates & shocks refitted and the car is now back on the ground and almost ready to test drive. I have put oil in the axle, by the way.