top of page
  • mcpheatauto

Derby Bentley ready for test drive

This project has been a bit like a mail order renovation, first the crankcase assembly was dropped off for stripping, then the rest of the engine as it started to go back together and more recently the radiator, front bumper, floor boards and the car itself. Today the owner brought up the bonnet, lights and radiator cap and now it's starting to look like it's finished. I had a bit of a fuel supply issue when I tried to start it on Wednesday, the SU pump was sucking air. I did a bit of rigging to the firewall mounted fuel tap and it kicked off straight away. I've ordered a new cork seal to fix the fault, will take it out for a test drive once this has been replaced.

51 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page