Derby Bentley 3.5 engine work
The Derby Bentley engine I did some work on last year is now mostly in my workshop so I've been able to make a start on assembly. JEL Bearings have made new white metal main bearings, the crankshaft, rods, pistons, flywheel & clutch are being balanced and the rest of the engine has been dropped off at the workshop. I've cleaned all the burrs from the crankcase, re-soldered the rear gallery on to the main bearing oil pipe and fitted it along with the stand pipes. I've also assembled the camshaft with its bearings and have that installed too. When the new cylinder head studs turn up I'll be able to get the block fitted, hopefully to coincide with the balanced crankshaft coming back from HiTech engines.