top of page
Search
  • mcpheatauto

'66 Mustang progress

The '66 Mustang that came in a month ago is just about done, only a new tyre and an MoT and it can go home. It's running smoothly now and is a lot easier to start, there were a couple of kinks in the fuel hose that were limiting supply and the choke needed a new stove pipe & heater hose bracket to make it operate correctly. The owner wants to do basic maintenance himself but the California market smog equipment that was fitted made this very difficult so I have removed it all and plugged the air pipe holes in the heads. This work also necessitated the fitting of new HT leads that route more naturally and while I was working around the top of the engine I also stopped a coolant leak from the heater return elbow in the intake. Last week when I was finishing it off by changing the oil and coolant I found the thread in the sump for the plug stripped and the radiator lower hose fitting cracked. I was able to fit a helicoil thread in the sump and a new aluminium radiator came today. As part of checking things for the MoT test I found a couple of problems with track rod end and steering ball joint boots, easily fixed. The test is booked for later this week.

55 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Comments


bottom of page